January 18, 2009
Document Request for Pending Haitian Adoption Cases:
DHS’ U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has set up a special e-mail box Haitianadoptions@dhs.gov to receive scanned documentation on pending Haitian adoptee orphans. If you have already sent documentation to email@example.com , it will be forwarded to USCIS on your behalf.
USCIS requests that all communications from prospective adoptive parents and adoption service providers should be formatted as follows:
- Subject line: LAST NAME, First name of the adopting parent, and USCIS case number and NVC case number, if available
- If you are adopting more than one child, please send separate e-mails for each child
- Include the name, DOB, gender of the child, and the current location of the child in Haiti
- Include any contact information for the child’s current whereabouts
- Please include a recent photograph of the child
- Attachments: please limit attachments to 10 megabytes per e-mail message. If necessary, split your communication into more than one message, and indicate in the subject line the total number of e-mails and the message number (i.e. “1 of 2”)
The following case documents may be useful to USCIS;
- Full and final Haitian adoption decree
- GOH Custody grant to prospective adoptive parents for emigration and adoption OR
- Secondary evidence of either of the adoption or custody decree
- Proof of travel by the prospective adoptive parents to Haiti to visit the child
- Photos of the child and prospective adoptive parents together
- ASP “Acceptance of Referral” letter signed by the prospective adoptive parents
- IBESR approval
- Legal relinquishment or award of custody to the Haitian orphanage
- Secondary evidence of the above (e.g. e-mail correspondence, copies, ASP correspondence).
Ethics, Transparency, Support
~ What All Adoptions Deserve.